After our visit to the Beehive State, Michael headed back to work in the Beaver State, and Caden and I headed on down to the Golden State. After 10 days of vacation already under our belts, I was ready for a vacation from our vacation! However, once we got the actual traveling out of the way, we were pumped and ready to go.
Caden started on drum lessons with his uncle Jared right away:
 |
| "This is how you do it..." |
 |
| "Look Mom! I'm drumming for reals!" |
 |
| Serious about his drumming |
Then he took some time to hang around with his aunt Alyssa:
After a week of fun around Grandma and Grandpa's house, we headed off to the beach for a couple days of beach camping:
 |
| Hanging out around the campsite |
 |
| What a beautiful sight! |
 |
| Snoozing on the beach |
 |
| "Mom, I'm eating the sand no matter what you say." |
 |
| "UGH!" |
 |
Me: "Did you try it?"
Caden: "Yup." |
Playing with friends Owen and Connor:
 |
| Ready to catch some waves! |
 |
| "WAIT! I need more sand. Not sure I have enough." |
 |
| Sand. |
 |
| Sand. |
 |
| Sand. |
 |
| Sandy mom and baby! |
 |
| "I'm a good camper Dad, I promise!" |
Overall we had a wonderful time visiting both sides of the family - I wish Caden could be closer to them. (Heck, I wish I could be closer to them.) He's just a happier kid when he has so many loved ones around (and Michael and I are too). For Caden, there's excitement, attention, always something new... It seems like he just grows leaps and bounds every time we take a vacation! For Michael and me, well we just miss being closer to family. But we sure are grateful that we're lucky enough to be able to visit them so much! See you guys again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment