25 October 2012

Nothing much in the Root household this past month. We enjoyed dry weather in Oregon (who knew there was such a thing?) from July until mid-October. (WHAT?! Thank you universe; I needed that.) However, these last couple weeks we've started to say goodbye to our beautiful backyard view. By mid-November, this will be just a collection of wintry sticks and twiggy trees. 
 So sad to see the leaves go... :(

And here of just a few pictures of Caden at his best these days!

Climbing...
 


Haircut time!
 



Playing his tunes. 
And his collection of favorite faces to make these days: 

 



He turns one in a week and a half! Time does fly, but I'm absolutely loving this stage. He's so interactive, responsive, and FUNNY! Right now he loves to say, "No, no, no, no, no, no, no..." when you do something he doesn't want. He's definitely a boy with his obsessive love of dogs, balls, birds, and big trucks. Randomly he'll come up to you and put his hand on your foot or leg and say, "Tickle, tickle, tickle." He understands "Come here.", "drink", and "cracker" (along with dog and ball). He also thinks all pictures are "Je, je" (Jesus), since we look at the picture of Jesus on his wall each morning. And he's mildly obsessed with this four generation picture I have of me, my mom, grandma, and great-grandma. He stares at that picture for a good long time and always wants me to take him down the hallway so he can look at it. If I say, "Go crazy!" he shakes his head back and forth and up and down until he falls over - cracks me up! :)
Overall, we're just having fun. I do wish he had kids his own age to interact with on a frequent basis, but until Michael finds work near family or we decide it's worth the effort to move that doesn't look like it's going to happen. We'll see how we survive another Oregon winter with it just being me and him each day! There will be lots of time for creativity. 

2 comments:

  1. Our kids are different ages, but you are always welcome to come and play :-) And I'm sure Caden won't be opposed to having a "little" guy to pick on! Although by now Timmy probably is bigger than him! Hope you are all feeling well and that you can stay healthy this lovely upcoming winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter with kids is way hard. I have learned to find indoor places to do sometimes, even if it is only the McDonald's play place.Anything to get out of the house goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete