31 July 2013

A Year of Dating - July

July's date was the main date/gift of the year of dating - indoor skydiving! I knew we'd be traveling to Utah around the 4th to see Michael's family, so I figured we could slip away for a couple hours and head up to Odgen to the iFlyUtah indoor skydiving place they have there. We didn't have anyone to take pictures of us while we were in the tunnel, but here's a snap of us in all our gear beforehand!

And here's a video if you want to see what it looks like. 
It was so cool! You only get a couple of minutes, but honestly, that's all you need for your first time (plus, I found it hard to breathe, so I was glad I wasn't in there for longer at one time). They suited us up, gave us a little instruction, and then we flew! Michael went first, then I went - the instructor just let us figure it out for our first time around. Then Michael went again and the instructor hooked his arms around his leg and arm in like a skydiver formation and sent them spinning together as they turned up the fan and went flying up to the higher parts of the tunnel and all around. Honestly, I've never seen Michael look like he was having more fun!! SO WORTH IT! Then it was my turn to get to do some tricks - it was a blast! The force while spinning was so strong and I'm sure I spit all over the place, but some of the stuff you can do is crazy. After we were done, the instructor did a little showing off to show us what you can do once you have enough experience. Crazy! He would fly 30 ft in the air, flip backward and dive straight down until about a foot from the bottom where he'd spread out and the air would cause him to stop and hover. All kinds of flips and spins. It was definitely a a fun time with my Michael. So while I'm not going to be in a mood to let him jump out of an airplane anytime soon, indoor skydiving definitely fit the ticket of a fun time together. 
We picked up a little Cafe Rio on the way home to satisfy our craving since there's been a dearth of it in our lives since we moved to Oregon and headed on home to our kiddos. Good memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment