20 March 2014

Even In Australia

So Caden's been on one lately and despite all my need to catch up, I figure I at least need to record his adventures as of late:
Last week I was getting ready to go visiting teaching for the first time in our new area...new companion I'd never met, new people I'd never met - kind of nervous just because you never know how it's going to go down. As I'm preparing the lesson and trying to get into some semblance of being ready for the day Caden had adventures of his own. First, he stuck wooden skewers in the media jacks of the computer and then broke them off so the skewer tips remained in the jacks. Then, while I'm using tweezers to try to pull those out, he found the Desitin and smeared it all over his face...to help his sunburn. I cleaned him up and while I was wiping it out of the carpet, he got into my foundation and painted his face and Tadd's feet so they could be 'beautiful like Mommy'. All by 10am. Then, upon returning home he decided to stick his Lightning McQueen up the tailpipe of our car so far none of us could reach it. (After many attempts and a call to my father for ideas, we were able to get him out with a coat hanger.)
Then today, he gets a hold of Michael's work cell. I tell him to go put it back and then I go off to start the washing machine. Little did I know that he put it in the basket I was about to dump in the washer... So this afternoon I find a phone at the bottom of the washer. Dang. While I'm fiddling with it to see if it's completely ruined or not, Caden gets a hold of our camera and breaks the lens. While I am now messing with the camera and the phone he comes down the stairs with Michael's brand new TI-89! Luckily that one escaped 'the wrath of the curious Caden'. It kind of reminded me of "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day".
'Mom said some days were like this...even in Australia.'

4 comments:

  1. Been there. That's how you know you're married to an engineer. People with "normal" kids have NO IDEA. They think their kids are naughty...but with these type of kids you LITERALLY cannot turn your back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hate days like that! Sometimes it is so hard to be patient with little ones, especially when they aren't intentionally being naughty (though they do that too). Just remember that when you record those crazy moments and days that at some point you will look back and laugh and then you'll be able to tell your kids all about their childhoods when they're grown : ) It's also a little therapeutic, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making me very afraid of what Luke will be like when he grows up! Although, I guess my girls give me problems of their own like this morning when Carmen's little potty seat stuck to her bum as she got off it and pee went everywhere. All the while she was freaking out because the TP was stuck in her lady parts so she was essentially tantruming in her massive pee puddle.. Oh kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley - SO true! That must be it! But writing it down is quite therapeutic, I agree :) And Caitlin, just wait...with boys their pee doesn't just stay in a puddle on the ground! You'll have lots of stories with little Luke man!! Hehe...poor Carmen.

    ReplyDelete