19 November 2012

Back on All Hallows' Eve

Now that it's almost Thanksgiving, I figure it's about time to catch up on a couple pictures from Halloween. I, of course, saw this idea cycling around Pinterest and figured, "What the hey! It's a cute idea!" So, I broke out the sewing machine - which is getting harder and harder to do these days with Caden always wanting to do what I'm doing - and put together my little money-bag costume. Considering I'm not really a seamstress and I had no directions or pattern, I was happy with how it turned out!

 
 This is how we spent most of the evening...

A robber with her loot :)
"That was fun!"
Fun at the ward party!
We enjoyed going to the ward party the Saturday before Halloween. I helped at a craft booth for the primary kids and Michael ran a donut-eating contest booth - he will forever be known by the kids in the primary as "The Donut Man". :) The actual day of Halloween we pulled out all the stops and hopped by the stake trunk-or-treat (although there were about 15 cars there when we arrived and no one we knew unfortunately - sadly not Michael's best first impression of a LDS trunk-or-treat; we'll have to get him down to the San Pasqual Ward's - they do it well :D). We even had TWO trick-or-treaters this year...that's up 200% from last year! Woohoo! Oh, how Clackamas will forever have a special place in our hearts. <3 Overall, I believe it was a successful first Halloween for the little kiddo - he still has no idea what candy is, but getting to join in the excitement was good enough for him! (As long as he stayed away from the scary costumes...)

1 comment: