Second date on our "Year of Dating" was great! We already had a trip planned to San Diego to visit my family, so we took advantage of the free babysitting and headed out to the coast for an early dinner at none other than:
We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day at the beach in early February. Seriously - it was absolutely perfect in every way. :)
 |
Waiting to be seated - not too bad when your wait consists of watching the waves from the end of the pier
and messing with seagulls! |
They ended up seating us on the second floor balcony - beautiful view, sunny and warm. It was so nice, in fact, we didn't realize until it'd been over an hour that our food still hadn't arrived...they'd given our order to another table and then kind of forgotten about us. Normally I'd be a little irked, but it was seriously that nice to just sit and talk and watch the waves that we didn't mind a bit. :)
After we ate, we went for a stroll along the beach - and took some quick shots by the pier just to relish and glory in the sunshine (at least, I was relishing and glorying...Michael, I'm sure, was just playing along like a dutiful husband).
There was also some really cool looking sand art off the south side of the pier - a big mural drawn in the sand about half the size of a football field, maybe bigger. I took some pictures of it, until I realized what exactly the art was depicting...let's just say it was quite well done and 'artistic'!
Good food, good weather, good place, good company - February's date is deemed a success! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment