25 March 2013

As Of Late...

We can always start off a post with a good belly pic. Here's 31-32 weeks! These last 10 weeks go by the slowest. Don't tell a pregnant woman she's "almost there" when she's 30wks...it's torture for her if she starts believing it! Can't wait to meet this little spastic man. 
Side-note: If you ever hear a pregnant lady say her belly 'clicks' or 'snaps' or makes a sound like a static electricity ball snapping (yes, like in science class) - I can verify that this is TRUE (and so can Michael, Susan, and Aubri)! And I PROMISE it's not coming from me. It's the baby. It's not hiccups, he's not 'sucking his thumb' - it's a completely different sound. I'm NEVER moving when I hear it - but the baby is (but let's be honest, when is this child NOT moving?). My best guess is it's the baby's joints - like a knee, hip, or shoulder. Whatever it is, it completely freaks me out and is starting to give me the creeps - and it's started happening more and more! Thank goodness for bogus google forums or I'd think I was the only person this has ever happened to. Unfortunately, no one's ever been able to pin down what it is. 
 In other news, Oregon has been kind this winter. Oh so very kind. We've been able to spend many a day out at the park or jungle gym or just going on walks. Sure we gotta bundle up, but at least it's dry (for the most part) and I don't think a week has gone by that we haven't seen blue skies and sun. MUCH better than last winter - hands down. However, at least a couple times a week we've been forced to stay inside all day due to the weather and this is where forts come in! We have fun seeing what concoctions this little man's momma can come up with before he wreaks havoc on them. Simple in design, but perfectly suited for their purpose. :)
 Also, recently we were lucky enough to have Grandma Root and Aunt Aubri come to visit! We were lame and didn't take any pictures except for this one as they left for the airport; but we had a great time with them.  Caden was in heaven that people came to HIS house to play with HIM and readily taught them all the rules of jumping off the coffee table, reading books, and giving cuddles to anything and everything cuddly! Normally Caden needs an adjustment period to anyone new, but he's never been shy around these two - he's loved them from the get-go!
 We loved having them here and enjoyed lots of yummy food and relaxation. Saturday we took them downtown to ride the OHSU tram to give them a bird's eye view of downtown. The deal is they built this beautiful, fancy hospital up on this hill, but there's not really any parking up there. So they built a fancy tram for people to park down below and commute up to the hospital. Not really the most cost effective way - but something unique for sure! Since we didn't take any pics, I stole some off google to give you an idea (obviously these were in the fall - so just imagine sticks and blossoms :D):
 
 It was something short and sweet and cool to do...and Michael said it was completely worth the money just to see his mom freak out about heights. :) I'm not gonna lie - the angle they have you going back down at freaked me out pretty good! And forget about looking over the edge at the top. Caden, Susan, and I stayed far, far away!
So glad they came for a visit - love having family nearby. :)

2 comments:

  1. Janelley, you are seriously so cute! One of the hottest pregnant ladies I've ever seen...and I'm not just saying that. :) I'm so excited to see pictures of your next cute little boy. And Ryan's engaged?? Jordan got engaged, too! The weekend after we talked! When and where is Ryan's wedding? Jordan's is on June 7th in Mesa. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous!! I have been thinking about you...I'll have to give you a call soon. :) LOVES YOU!

    ReplyDelete