07 January 2013

One Down - Infinity to Go!

     Just over two months ago Caden had his first birthday - but between traveling to California, the Thanksgiving  holiday, being called as Primary President (many thoughts on that which may or may not present themselves here), throwing out my back for two weeks and being unable to do much of anything, Christmas, traveling to Utah, pregnancy...well you get the idea. I haven't gotten around to jotting down a bit about his little celebratory landmark until now. However, I have come to the conclusion that one year-olds are just so much dang fun! I'm not being sarcastic, I promise. Caden is such a joy to be around these days. He eats like a champ - so much better to be able to feed him whatever he wants (minus stuff with soy) instead of toting around a bottle and tupperwares of baby-food and him subsisting off of formula, oatmeal, and yogurt only. He sleeps like a champ - 3 or 4 days before his 1st birthday he started sleeping through the night (FINALLY) and ever since then, barring vacation messing up eating habits, he will sleep 11-13 hrs straight, with two 2 hr naps during the day. Plus, he puts himself to sleep now. My heart goes out to all the mommas still dreaming (day-dreaming?) about a schedule like this... 
     As far as other 1 year tidbits about Caden: he pretty much running, not just walking anymore, and it's so fun to chase him around the house shouting about how "I'm gonna get you!"; he climbs everything - which often ends in lots of bumps and bruises and not many lessons learned; he LOVES stairs (hence, his love of climbing) - gotta block them off not because I'm afraid he'll fall, but because he refuses to do them without me and sometimes I have other stuff to do with my time than to go up and down stairs for hours; he loves to babble and has a few choice words he's had for awhile of "ball", "dede" (doggie), "mama", "dada" - although by now at 14 months he's added "tay-too" (thank you), peas, and tees (cheese), to his vocabulary. He loves stacking things, his blankies, Moosey (a 53" moose in his room), balls, and just exploring! 
A few shots from his little birthday:
Made a little Oreo cake
He was a pro - knew right what to do!
                                   
"Thanks Mom - shirts. So fun."
   
"Happy Birthday!"
And the devouring of the cake... 
 
Happy Birthday kiddo kid!! We love you tons and tons. <3

2 comments: